Saturday, March 31, 2007

Five Channels

Five Channels

I’m approaching using the Internet, Networking, Contests, Festivals, and Web Comics for my five channels to put myself out there.
For the internet I’m planning on staying the course, working on my blog, updating it with my animation and progress and eventually making my own website to really push myself out there. I would also try to start getting into web rings and make internet friends in the industry. If I had to give myself a projected goal for making the website, I would say August.
For networking I’ve already gotten started on that. I’m already in contact with Bill Plymton, Bob Burden, Mike Allred, Mike Mignola, Rob Schrab, Gari Gianni, and a few others. Once I start producing more of my own work to share with them I will develop stronger ties and newer ones too.
I’m entering this one contest right now for world peace. hvh-worldpeace.org is the website. Basically I submit a storyboard and if I win I can animate it. I’ve been looking into more for Spelling Bee for when it’s finished. So is everyone else from my class. I’ve also been in talks with Bruce Sheridan, head of the Film & Video Department, about applying for the Fullbright Grant to New Zealand.
So far I’ve found eight festivals/contests for Spelling Bee, and everyone else is looking too. We’re really planning on putting our film out there once it’s done. Both national and international. I’ve also been thinking of ways to fund raise for the entry fees for most of these festivals; like bake sale, sponsors, and party with cover charge.
And with the web comic that goes back to making my website. I also have a few ideas for some short Flash cartoons to make as well. But basically the web comic is to readily get my work out to a wide audience so they can see what I can do. This is also why I’m waiting till August to build my website, so I can have some content built up on it when I finally launch it.

No comments: